30/8/2017
Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Video Editing and Production
The First Exercise
Lecture 1:
Instructions :
Feedback
Reflection
Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Video Editing and Production
The First Exercise
Lecture 1:
In the first class we had with Mr.Martin, we started learning about this module and we found that we have a storyboard and project proposal which deadline is on week 7. We will be doing shooting and editing practices too with DSLR and Adobe Premiere Pro before week 9 ends. Also, we were required to make a video shorter than 3 minutes by the end of semester.
Instructions :
We did an exercise in class by using Adobe Premiere Pro, and file of footage from a video. In this exercise, we were shown a video on YouTube, then we were told to edit a video using the same footage used for that YouTube video. In order to edit the video, we learned to use the Adobe Premiere Pro. Of course, we have learned new things about video editing and production.
Frames, are still objects. When there are several frames, it becomes a moving objects. Usually, it will need at least 15 frames to produce one. The amount of frames in cinema is 24 or 25 frames per second. Also, we often see 00:00:00:00 under a video, determining the time of the video. For instance, 00:00:27:14. We all know the first three but not the last one, it actually means Hour:Minute:Seconds:Frames. So, in this case, it will be 0 hour, 0 minute, 27 seconds, and 14 frames.
When using Adobe Premiere Pro, we need to select the footage, and cut scenes from the footage to put it into the production. To cut scenes from the footage, press 'i' for in-point, then go to the part where you want to end, press 'o' for out-point, then press certain button below to put it into the timeline for video production.
Reflection
Experience
During class, I realized that I was slow at following the class in the beginning. But I did enjoy the time I had to edit the video.
During class, I realized that I was slow at following the class in the beginning. But I did enjoy the time I had to edit the video.
Observation
The reason why I was slow in the beginning might because that I was not used to having class yet, after 1 month break. I have also realized that it is best to avoid 'jumpshot' and also avoid including the scenes where director says 'CUT'.
The reason why I was slow in the beginning might because that I was not used to having class yet, after 1 month break. I have also realized that it is best to avoid 'jumpshot' and also avoid including the scenes where director says 'CUT'.
Findings
From what I know from the class, I figure that it is best for me to purchase a DSLR camera. I hope I can get it before we need it so that I won't miss any of the practices. Also, I hope to get used to the technical knowledge in this module, if there is any. I most probably need to catch up on learning how to take photographs too, as that is most likely the basic.
From what I know from the class, I figure that it is best for me to purchase a DSLR camera. I hope I can get it before we need it so that I won't miss any of the practices. Also, I hope to get used to the technical knowledge in this module, if there is any. I most probably need to catch up on learning how to take photographs too, as that is most likely the basic.
Comments
Post a Comment