28 March 2017 - 4 July 2017 (Week 1 - Week 13)
Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Typography & Hypertextuality
Final Submission
Instructions
Exercises
Project 1 : The Story Book
Project 2 : Font Design
Final Project : Kinetic Typography
Submission
Exercise
Week 1 - Basic Calligraphy
Week 2 - Calligraphy
Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Typography & Hypertextuality
Final Submission
Instructions
Exercises
Project 1 : The Story Book
Project 2 : Font Design
Final Project : Kinetic Typography
Submission
Exercise
Week 1 - Basic Calligraphy
![]() |
| Vertical lines |
![]() |
| Horizontal lines |
![]() |
| Circles |
Week 2 - Calligraphy
![]() |
| Final piece |
Week 3 - Lettering
Week 4 - Type Expression
Project 1 - A Story Book
YouTube video
Project 2 - Font Design
Final Project - Kinetic Typography
![]() |
| Poster |
![]() |
| GIF animation |
Reflection
Experience
I have come across a lot of problems while doing assignments in this module, but that means I have overcome the challenges and learned more things from this class. I have learned to be more organizing when it comes to recording our works, and also the importance of learning things digitally too especially with all the softwares. Even though I'm a multimedia student, the work that I had most fun with is calligraphy, the only one without digitalizing. I guess that it's become I enjoy doing things with my own hand and doing things in computer can be very frustrating at times, but I will not avoid using it to produce works too.
Observation
In this module, I have realised that I sometimes had troubles with time management. I wonder whether I am slow at producing an artwork, or I am not working efficient enough, maybe it's both. So I would like to improve on this weak part of mine. And also, I have noticed that everyone in our class has different strong and weak points for art and design. Sometimes, I see some people having trouble with an assignment, but their next assignment later on amazed me.
Findings
So, I believe that I still have long way to learn about Typography, and I don't think art and design is something that we can ever finish learning them. That's where it's exciting. I still remember what Mr.Vinod said about grades are not important than our learning. Well, it is still important but yes, I agree. I want to improve myself, and I don't think I can be perfect at everything, so I will just try my best and choose an area that I want to be expert of.













Comments
Post a Comment