26/03/2018 - 06/04/2018
Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Compositing and Special Effects
Project Progress
Week 1
Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Compositing and Special Effects
Project Progress
Week 1
- Do thumbnails for ideation process. It doesn't have to be complex, it can be simple, just thumbnails, and update it with latest ideas.
- For thumbnails, it has to be sketch + description. This is to let the teammates (for the work) to understand your ideas.
- In compositing and special effects, it is crucial to obey the rule of 180 degree camera, it is not good to let the camera shift too much as it will make the audience confused.
We were reminded that we can recreate from the existing movies for our project 1. Editing and compositing are different. Also, we were told to pay more attention to:
- Color scheme
- Typography
- Lighting
- 2D animated or 3D movies
- Point of interest (in the opening title sequence)
- Genre
- Mood boards (find reference and extract images)
- Ending titles (for more inspiration)
Week 2
Mood Board:
The theme for this project is 'Technology'. It seems to me that there are many ways to approach this theme to make an opening title sequence. I initially wanted to do something minimalism but I have developed more ideas later on.
After drawing my first thumbnails, I was not satisfied with my ideas, so I tried to develop more ideas by sketching (the 2 pictures below). I know I will be learning a lot of things in Adobe After Effects while doing this project.
I have come up with a name for my opening title sequence, which is 'ESCAPE'. I want to show how technology gives us both good and bad experience. Some people escape from reality using technology (or Internet) while some people are trying to escape from the technology. I figure that I should focus on lesser things for this projects, and to make it look more like modern technology. I might use several effects such as words glitching, glowing light, and so on.
Week 2
Mood Board:
![]() |
| Mood Board 1 |
![]() |
| Mood Board 2 |
![]() |
| Mood Board 3 |
![]() |
| Mood Board 4 |
![]() |
| Mood Board 5 |
After drawing my first thumbnails, I was not satisfied with my ideas, so I tried to develop more ideas by sketching (the 2 pictures below). I know I will be learning a lot of things in Adobe After Effects while doing this project.
![]() |
| Sketches from brainstorming - Part 1 |
![]() |
| Sketches from brainstorming - Part 2 |
I have come up with a name for my opening title sequence, which is 'ESCAPE'. I want to show how technology gives us both good and bad experience. Some people escape from reality using technology (or Internet) while some people are trying to escape from the technology. I figure that I should focus on lesser things for this projects, and to make it look more like modern technology. I might use several effects such as words glitching, glowing light, and so on.
The font that I will try out on my opening title sequence is 'Bungee'. And the music I will be editing and using is 'Sci Fi' by Bensound.
As I do the project in Adobe After Effect, I realized that a lot of scenes can be better, so I kept on developing it from there. This is the final outcome:
![]() |
| Bungee |
As I do the project in Adobe After Effect, I realized that a lot of scenes can be better, so I kept on developing it from there. This is the final outcome:









Comments
Post a Comment