Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Compositing and Special Effects
Final Project
1. Androids (Humanoid Robots) living among us, expressing emotions like humans and eventually taking over human world.
2. Humans taking advantage of technology by making clones/ android. There lives a girl who made her own clone so that her life can be easier, as they look like exactly same, she makes her clone go to school for her, take exams and such without anyone knowing about this secret, not even her family. Not only their looks are alike, but their emotions, thoughts, intelligence too are the same. Except that the clone learns a lot faster (she is like computer system) and is more diligent than the girl herself. Everything was so perfect, people think that clone is her and the girl herself can slack around while her clone doing everything for her. But the clone then achieves and does better than the girl at almost everything, and eventually she becomes the apple of everyone's eyes...Obviously, the girl gets anxious, depressed, desperate, and jealous....she remained in the dark, regretting her decision to make a clone of herself. She starts getting annoyed at every trivial matter that the clone does, she hates how the clone is identical to her. When she finally can't handle it, she thought to herself, "why is the clone here, why is she stealing my identity, why doesn't she disappear... why not I make her disappear? I can erase her existence easily..". However, she ended up being erased from this human world instead. The girl died without knowing that people in the society (including her friends too) are actually clones who erased their originals from the world as well..
Compositing and Special Effects
Final Project
Ideation Process (Theme, Storyline)
The theme for our projects this semester had been decided and it is about the impact of technology bringing an end to human world. Based on this theme, I have come up with few ideas that can be developed further in later stages.1. Androids (Humanoid Robots) living among us, expressing emotions like humans and eventually taking over human world.
2. Humans taking advantage of technology by making clones/ android. There lives a girl who made her own clone so that her life can be easier, as they look like exactly same, she makes her clone go to school for her, take exams and such without anyone knowing about this secret, not even her family. Not only their looks are alike, but their emotions, thoughts, intelligence too are the same. Except that the clone learns a lot faster (she is like computer system) and is more diligent than the girl herself. Everything was so perfect, people think that clone is her and the girl herself can slack around while her clone doing everything for her. But the clone then achieves and does better than the girl at almost everything, and eventually she becomes the apple of everyone's eyes...Obviously, the girl gets anxious, depressed, desperate, and jealous....she remained in the dark, regretting her decision to make a clone of herself. She starts getting annoyed at every trivial matter that the clone does, she hates how the clone is identical to her. When she finally can't handle it, she thought to herself, "why is the clone here, why is she stealing my identity, why doesn't she disappear... why not I make her disappear? I can erase her existence easily..". However, she ended up being erased from this human world instead. The girl died without knowing that people in the society (including her friends too) are actually clones who erased their originals from the world as well..
Reference that I may use...
2. Robots will wipe out humans and take over in 'just a few centuries' warns Royal astronomer
Feedback
Mr.Martin has commented that this project will be very difficult. I should focus more on visual instead of story for this project as the final outcome should be a 30-second trailer. Look for reference for visual effects, background and more, I might have a completely different idea. But then again, this idea of cloning and androids still can be used for this project depending on how I develop it.
Week 6
After looking at more images and videos, I have decided that I should not be limiting myself to idea of using androids in my final project. So I tried not to think about androids during my ideation process and what I came up for my final project is showing how the world ended, climate change >> buildings and everything turns into ice, Carcasses can be found at some scenes. Buildings collapse...
Maybe I can imagine that the technology kills the sun in the future, and the world is dark. The world then starts freezing up, and stars probably would be visible. Buildings collapse due to heavy thick ice frozen on them... The core of the earth would still be warm (At the moment), the ocean would still be fine, fishes in there will be swimming...
Feedback
Mr.Martin has commented that this project will be very difficult. I should focus more on visual instead of story for this project as the final outcome should be a 30-second trailer. Look for reference for visual effects, background and more, I might have a completely different idea. But then again, this idea of cloning and androids still can be used for this project depending on how I develop it.
Week 6
After looking at more images and videos, I have decided that I should not be limiting myself to idea of using androids in my final project. So I tried not to think about androids during my ideation process and what I came up for my final project is showing how the world ended, climate change >> buildings and everything turns into ice, Carcasses can be found at some scenes. Buildings collapse...
![]() |
| Moodboard 1 |
![]() |
| Moodboard 2 |







Comments
Post a Comment