12/10/2017 (Week 7)
Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Web Design & New Media
HTML and CSS (Box Model)
Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Web Design & New Media
HTML and CSS (Box Model)
Lecture
During the class, we learned how to make the logo, and the navigation on top of the website, using both HTML and CSS. It is said that there are 4 different states of hyperlink, such as a:link, a:hover, a:active, and a:visited. When we want to style the navigation, we have to type:
#mainnav li a:link{
}
There is a proper sequence of styling the navigation, which is in the order of:
a:link, a:visited
a:visited
a:hover, a:active
a:active
Also, if we want the link (font size/family) to be the same as the paragraph then don't put font size/family in the link element. Because we have already chosen the font style for the paragraph.
There are tons of other styles that we can use in HTML. For example:
border-radius: xxpx;
height: fix;
min-height: 30px;
We can even use overflow, hidden, scroll and auto to change the display of the website.
Instructions
In the class, we tried to add logo and navigation in our own HTML file, while making the logo and the navigation to be aligned on the same section.Tutorial
In order to make the logo and navigation to be on same section, we had to add:
display: inline-block;
or
float: left;
Feedback
-No feedback given yet-Reflection
Experience
I did realize that it was getting slightly confusing in the class as we go, I think I am still not used to HTML and CSS, knowing that I still don't truly understand the content about them.
Observation
I noticed that some books about HTML and CSS didn't explain the way I want to learn about them. So I might as well borrow another book from library so that I can compare the information given inside, and most probably will be able to learn more about them.
Findings
I believe that I need to explore myself more to HTML such as practicing and looking it up online so that I can get used to them, and be more confident in my coding.
Comments
Post a Comment