27/09/2017 (Week 5)
Liam Yue Wei(0327686)
Video Editing and Production
Exercise
Lecture
-No lecture was conducted)
Instructions
We were shown a video called "The Piano Tuner" and we were asked to determine which part of the short film is plot point 1, plot point 2, climax, resolution and so on.
Tutorial
The exercise for 'The Piano Tuner'.
 |
| 'The Piano Tuner'. |
Feedback
-No feedback-
Reflection
Experience
I actually knew what was going to happen in the short film as I have watched it on the night before the class, such a coincidence. However, I did not notice the reason why the old lady killed the man, I thought it was nothing big. But after watching it again in the class, I noticed that the old lady killed the man because she found the minutes in the man's pocket, meaning that he can actually see even though he lied, saying that he is a blind man.
Observations
This short film was very interesting even if I watched it many times, it is probably because of how they make the story up. A main character who is actually not hero, kind-hearted like typical story, but a con man who is afraid of being judged and wanting to become a blind man to get kindness and extra tips from people. This alone has made the story interesting enough to watch, and of course, people would not know that he is actually blind when they first watch it, but they would definitely wonder why did the man suddenly turn blind.
Findings
In the end, I do find this short film amusing to watch, there are many things that we can learn from the way they film this video. I also noticed that by watching more films, we actually get exposed to more ideas and inspirations of the filmmakers and it is a good thing to do.
Comments
Post a Comment