Skip to main content

Usability & Mobile Application I Project

9 May 2018 - 27 June 2018 (Week 7 - Week 14)
Liam Yue Wei (0327686)
Usability and Mobile Application I
Interface Design


Instruction

The Brief

Students are required to continue functional/ workable prototype on proposed platforms using digital prototyping application. Students need to focus on seamless navigation, functional flow chart and visual aesthetics enhancement accordingly. 

Evaluation:
UI/ UX - Easy navigation with functional design application (must reach target audience needs)
Visual Aesthetics - Clear forms and design usage. Good choice of color palette. 
Story - Overall app flow and purpose of creating the application.
Functional Mockup Application on project platforms. 

Final Presentation
Assignment Content
1. Application Documentation (Containing: Information Management, Flow, Wireframes, and Design) 
2. PDF of the Design
3. Working files of the projects
4. The prototype of the design, submitted using a digital prototyping tools.
5. Presentation. 


Progress 

I had to change the idea for my mobile app as my previous idea which includes having both 'music and productivity' combining into one app is described to be weak concept. Therefore, I proceeded with an idea inspired by one of my lecturers, I was told to design an app with the thought of 'solving a problem'. And so, the idea of the new mobile app was about organizing photos/ images, videos and notes in a more organizing way. The name of the mobile app will be 'Schot'.

Process Flow Chart

Process Flow Chart fig.1

Wireframes 
Wireframe fig.1

Wireframe fig.2

Wireframe fig.3


Wireframe fig.4

Wireframe fig.5



Mood Board

Styles and Color Scheme

Possible Color Scheme fig.1

Possible Color Scheme fig.2

Font Choice
Roboto

I have chosen to do simple style for this mobile app as this kind of app should not be complicated and look confusing to the users. Some of the icons may be similar to minimalist style. And to make the mobile app look more clean, I have picked some color scheme and mainly focus on blue colors. I have kept another two color schemes so that I can use them whenever I need.

Interface Design
Interface Design fig.1

Interface Design fig.2

Interface Design fig.3

Interface Design fig.4

Interface Design fig.5

Interface Design fig.6

Interface Design fig.7

Interface Design fig.8

Interface Design fig.9

Interface Design fig.10



Prototype 

Prototype Link:
https://xd.adobe.com/view/46751a23-e8c3-42a5-4739-5fec7d53e0f3-3044/?fullscreen


Recorded Video:



Feedback

Week 11

Mr. Shamsul has told me that crafting of my icons need to be more refined. Refer to some established apps and make sure that the style if consistent. The first screen does not tell the user the name of the app, so I need to add it in. Other than that, I also need to fix the back button, share button also needs to be replaced with the common icon (which is the 3 dots). After finish fixing them, I can move on to making prototypes in XD or Invision.

Week 13

Before the consultation with Mr Shamsul, Mr Razif has told me to do prototype for as many pages as I can as prototype is to show clients all the functions and how it looks like when you are using the app. Mr Shamsul gave me feedback saying that I need to replace all the boxes (I put them to represent images)  with actual images. And for the part where I click into the image to look at it in full screen, I can actually put caption inside the image (or on the image) with a small half-transparent bar behind the caption. This can help minimize the size I use up in the app. Don't put caption and note together, caption is caption and note is note. I can make a small button on the screen where the image is clicked into to be looked at. The small button is for users to click in to open the note. Also, there will of course be the edit button for them to edit the notes too. (or picture caption) Next, I was told to refer to Instagram to follow how they post several pictures in one go, if so, there should be numbers telling the users how many pics, and the dots below the pictures to tell the users which picture are they looking at (out of 5 or 8 or 10). Do note that users have to be able to tell that whether it is a video, single picture or multiple pictures. For the note-writing feature, I have asked Mr Shamsul if I should be adding all the features like having different fonts, different sizes and such and he said there is no need to as it makes it complicated. (I am glad as I don't like that feature too, it looks messy). 

Week 14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Compositing and Special Effects - Lectures and Tutorials

26/03/2018 - 30/03/2018 (Week 1) Liam Yue Wei (0327686) Compositing and Special Effects Introduction to Compositing and Special Effect Lecture Week 1  26/03/2018 (Monday)  Mr.Kannan and Mr.Martin started off by briefing us on the module assignments.  Project 1: Opening title sequence  Settings for Adobe After Effects  - 30 secs 1080p full HD - H2. 64, MPEG - Audio: 44.100kHz Stereo - QuickTime H2.64 In compositing and special effects, there are few things to pay attention to: 1. images 2. color sceheme 3. music 4. 3D modeling (free from web, but have to give credits)  Project 2: Matte Painting - The initial stage of the projects is to make thumbnails and storyboards, these need to be simple, nice and believable.  - We were told that to it is hard to master matte painting and it needs a lot of time.  Final project: Motion Graphic - We have to look for music with nice beats.  - Tons of exper...

Week 12-Week 13

20 June 2017 - 4 July2017 (Week 12 - Week 13) Liam Yue Wei (0327686) Typography & Hypertextuality Final Project : Kinetic Typography Lecture Week 12 (No lecture was conducted) Week 13 (No lecture was conducted) Instruction Final Project & Portfolio 40%  The Brief  Kinetic Typography Duration of Assignment  3 Weeks (Briefing on Week 10) DEADLINE  Week 13 (27 Jun 2017) Description  In this Final Project you may use the font you designed in the previous project and give voice to it. You will be required to choose a statement / poem / quote / dialog / etc. that is suitable to the character and personality of your font. You will design a static and animated Poster. “Kinetic typography—the technical name for "moving text"—is an animation technique mixing motion and text to express ideas using video animation. This text is presented over time in a manner intended to convey or evoke a particular idea or emotion.” (http...

Web Design & New Media - Final Project

31/10/2017 (Week 9) Liam Yue Wei (0327686) Web Design & New Media Final Project Lecture -No lecture- Instruction You’re required to create an interactive storytelling Website that to inform a specific target audience on a given topic. The target audience is for children between 6-12 years old. You may use images and video from the internet or you can illustrate to make the content even more interesting. Below are the content that you need to include in the Website. You need to create a storyboard/site structure so that it is easier for you to plan the page and the flow of the Website. You may include sounds or use Adobe Animate to have a whole new experience of interactive Website. What to do in a fire (This will be the title of the Website) Introduction Fire drills are a big part of being safe in school: They prepare you for what you need to do in case of a fire. But what if there was a fire where you live? Would you know what to do? Talking about fires can...